Innovate in Place
Understanding Innovate in Place…
A New Paradigm
How it works
A New Paradigm
How it works
Innovate in Place: a Definition
Innovate in Place is a Business Transformation and Performance Improvement Strategy where an organization’s older, legacy technologies are transmuted into integrated building blocks and synchronously platformed to create a more scalable, adaptable and powerful business solution. Innovate in Place is built upon the technique of Technology Recomposition.
Ultimately, an organization is able to extend the life of legacy technologies and evolve overall systems capabilities while improving team efficiency and performance. This approach creates a flexible pathway for Cloud utilization, migration and adoption.
Extend the Life or your Existing Technology Infrastructure
Create a Non-Disruptive Path to the Cloud
Enhance CX and ROI with Lower Opportunity Cost
Leverage your existing assets to create a more optimal path forward!
Your Tool to Empower
Innovate in Place
ICX is your tool to empower Innovate in Place. With ICX, solutions, systems and applications are transmuted into building blocks and synchronously platformed for inherent flexibility and adaptability. Moreover, new technical components, solutions and endpoints are quickly integrated, wherever they reside (on-prem, hybrid cloud, cloud) creating new possibilities of service, efficiency and productivity.
Applying Innovate in Place for CC Transformation
Disjointed CX built from inside-out processes
A large Utility was facing challenges with customers complaining about how hard it was to have any of their customer service needs met using their existing systems. The company had an outdated “inside-out” designed contact center platform which included limited self-service options, a monolithic IVR and no linkage between self-service and routing options causing customers to struggle to get even basic issues resolved.
Elements of Transformation
- Customer Experience First: Implemented Intelligent Greeting with Predictive Intent that prompted customers for the most relevant options, natural language understanding (which allowed customers to speak in their own vocabulary- not the company’s jargon), and self-service options seamlessly integrated into the customer journey.
- Optimization and Personalization: The new system was designed to direct resolution to agents or outsourcers based on customer segmentation, KPIs and goals, with components of existing IVR processes, new intelligent virtual assistants, and chat deflection that provides additional support.
- Managed Costs within Policy: The new system allowed for constrained services at the core, with overflow directed to outsourcers and PCI tasks handled by core staff.
- Maximize Flexibility to Meet Corporate Goals: Solutions were deployed on cloud, premises, or hybrid environments, without completely overhauling the legacy system.
The implementation of a new contact center platform focused on improving the customer experience and addressing the challenges faced by a large Utility customer yielded significant results. The following outcomes were achieved:
- The new system prioritizing customer experience led to improved call handling times through Intelligent Greeting, Predictive Intent, and natural language understanding, resulting in quicker issue resolution and elimination of confusion caused by company jargon.
- Successful integration of virtual assistants into the call center operations optimized customer interactions, routing them to agents or outsourcers based on segmentation, KPIs, and goals, enhancing the overall customer service experience.
- Retaining control over financially sensitive transactions within PCI compliant centers, the new system allowed the Utility company to maintain policy and effectively manage costs by implementing constrained services at the core and directing overflow to outsourcers.
- The ability to meet service levels 24/7 was achieved by scheduling callbacks during operational hours for non-critical items, ensuring timely customer responses and optimized resource allocation.
- Optimizing outsourcer spend was achieved by directing specific tasks and call volumes to outsourced providers, ensuring compliance with BPO contracts and maximizing return on investment in outsourced services.
industry: HEALTH INSURANCE PROVIDER
Imbalanced Staffing Levels Affecting Customer Satisfaction, Service Level Attainment, and Agent Retention
A multi-state health insurance provider was facing challenges with resource planning to staff the right resources at the right time in order to ensure adherence to service level objectives and customer experience targets while also managing costs.
Elements of Transformation
- Customer Experience First: Implemented Swampfox ICX and Swampfox First in Line to better manage customer needs in real-time, set expectations for service, and offer callbacks so customer’s could carry on with their day without waiting on hold.
- Optimization and Personalization: Optimized and prioritized by customer need, customer association, and agent staffing to maximize throughput while still hitting service levels.
- Manage Costs within Policy: Prioritized callbacks, digital channel, and self-service vs direct agent handling based on policy of needs, regulations, and costs.
- Maximize Flexibility to Meet Corporate Goals: Deployed as a hybrid enterprise and cloud solution to quickly scale while preserving critical data access needs within IT policy.
- During the first month in service for a single queue, callback acceptance rates rose, and abandoned rates dropped like a rock.
- After tuning the estimated wait time thresholds, settings that determine if a callback should be offered based on estimated wait time, abandoned rates fell from 59% to 28% in the first month with a reduction of over 11,000 callers being served rather than hanging up.
- As callback acceptance rates rose, wasted time and frustration was reduced for callers. During this enrollment period, 351 days or around half a million minutes of hold time was saved for this one queue.
- Including the savings in toll charges, telephony license usage, and reduced abandoned rates, had a ROI of less than 2 months.
A New Paradigm for CC Transformation
Innovate in Place will empower your organization to reach new heights in efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction and financial optimization. In this paradigm we focus on three essential structural elements: Technology Approach & Strategy, Contact Center Technologies, and Core Infrastructure Technologies.
Take a minute to review Diagram 1, Components & Evolution. This graphic shows a simplified view of Current State vs. Future State for each of our three structural elements as you apply Innovate in Place as a tool to create operational processes, workflows as well as desired customer outcomes.
Innovate in Place: How it works
Innovate in Place is built around the concept of Technology Recomposition, an approach that reuses and extends existing technology investments, established process and in-place organizational structures.
Technology Recomposition takes the capabilities of older technology assets (systems, solutions, and applications) and packages them into extensible and reusable modules that are then orchestrated and leveraged within a formal platform framework. That framework must care for management, reportability, serviceability and integratability with other, recomposed and native modules.
Take a minute to review Diagram 2, Technology Recomposition. This graphic shows a simplified view of the four-phased process to convert legacy structured technologies into componentized models which can be used to create the highly flexible, extensible solutions of the nextgen contact center.
Innovate in Place: Holistic CX
With an extensible platform and recomposed modules, we have the power to create superior, holistic customer experiences which leverage state-of-the-art natural language interfaces and AI to predict customer needs and to respond in kind. This allows us to take assets and capabilities that are proven, already capitalized, understood within the organization and then modernize them to make them even more valuable.
Take a minute to review Diagram 3, Holistic Realm of CX. This graphic shows conceptual view of a nextgen platform / systems architecture leveraging recomposed technologies within the Innovate in Place framework.
Ready to get started?
Once you have made the strategic decision to move forward with Innovate in Place, quickly pat yourself on the back, and then buckle in.
1. Current Technology Infrastructure Review
2. Platform Recomposition Evaluation
Swampfox ICX© is a holistic and comprehensive platform specifically designed and architected for this purpose.
3. Transformation Planning
With steps 1 and 2 completed, we can develop a well architected plan for your Technology Recomposition and infrastructure Transformation.