We understand the importance of investing in our people. In addition to our updated workspace, we have employee and family healthcare programs, paid vacation, workout facilities, 401k options, and a focus on continued education. We believe in learning by doing – so we look for eagerness to jump in quick.
Swampfox is Growing.
Our space has just been renovated and greatly expanded into a showcase for collaborative working. We are located in downtown Columbia, SC in a historic building adjacent to Main Street, the Vista (awesome dining, shopping, and entertainment), the Capitol, and the University of SC.
All of our team is in the U.S. and even though our base is in the Southeast, we work with clients from Miami to Seattle, from Maine to Phoenix, and all places in between.
Here, you will find yourself doing things like…
- Working hard and smart to solve our clients’ problems with your engineering and programming skills.
- Hashing out design with passionate teammates and becoming an expert in customer experience.
- Learning from veteran engineers and product pros who have logged tons of hours with huge clients.
Completing a Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Engineering/Science.
An energetic self-starter, not easily rattled by deadlines, multiple projects, or general chaos.
Able to process frustration and hurdles as opportunity to improve and delight.
You know (not necessarily all…the more, the better) or want to learn…
- Object-oriented development, Java, C++, .NET, VoiceXML, CCXML, HTML, ASP, J2EE
- Tomcat, Apache, Eclipse, WebSphere, Hibernate
- Relational Databases, e.g. Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL, Spring Framework
- Integration with backend data and CTI, Web Services – RESTful, SOAP
- Speech Technologies – design and building – directed dialogue, natural language, grammars, prompts
- Responsive Web Design (HTML5/CSS), AngularJS, JQuery
- Mobile Web/Application Design and Implementation
Our primary mission is building a great place to work that works great for our customers. You can really get a sense of our organization when visiting our Headquarters, which is in a historic (yet modernly renovated) building in Columbia, South Carolina. We are proud of our open floor plan and state-of-the art kitchen which combine with hardwood floors and beautiful architecture to create a sense of creativity and flexibility, fostering a friendly, hierarchy-free, collaborate environment. We take great pride in our team of super smart, savvy team members who are humble and totally focused on getting things done for our clients…and fellow teammates.